When sisters Liz and Sarah Downey grew tired of cooking the same recipes, they came up with a fun, novel way to get inspiration: Foodie Dice. A fun new way to shake up your cooking routine, Foodie Dice is a set of 9 dice designed to inspire creative, whole-ingredients meals. The sisters have Kickstarted their idea and have already exceeded their funding goal by $70k (at the time of this post)!
What is Foodie Dice?
- Nine laser engraved dice — 5 primary dice and 4 seasonal veggie dice — that provide inspiration for creating simple, seasonal meals (Protein, cooking method, grain/carb, herb, bonus ingredient + Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter Veggies)
- The dice have a range of ingredients — some are more common and some are meant to get you to be adventurous.
- Over 186,000 combinations to inspire creativity in the kitchen. You’ll be surprised at how many rolls may be something you never thought to pair together, but make sense.
- Takes the guesswork out of eating seasonally. Eating veggies that are in season just plain tastes better. It’s hard to know what’s in season these days with all of the access that we have to food in the grocery store, but the dice make it easier. If you live in a colder region, it might be a little more challenging, but at least you’ll be eating things that came from California instead of South America. You’ll never want to eat a mealy tomato in December again.
- Naturally gluten-free and can easily be Paleo-friendly—just leave out the carb/grain die and roll the veggie die twice. Pasta can easily be substituted for a gluten-free version.
- Laser engraved wooden dice are made in the USA, and come packaged in an upcycled wine bottle tumbler or cotton muslin pouch